If you have a golf cart that you use at home, on your farm, or on the golf course, then you understand the importance of taking care of it to the best of your ability. This includes making sure that the motor’s running nicely, there’s plenty of gas in it, and of course, making sure that it doesn’t get ruined from being stuck out in the rain. Golf carts are by no means cheap, so you have to take the necessary precautions to ensure that it’s stored safely out of the rain. If this sounds like a problem that you seem to be running into, you’ve come to the right place.
If you’re thinking about getting a cover for your golf cart it’s important to get an idea of what you should be looking for. Keep reading to discover some of the best golf covers on the market today. You never know, after reading this you might feel inspired to purchase your own cover today!
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Golf Cart Covers
Choose the Best Golf Cart Covers
There’s really nothing worse than climbing into your golf cart only to discover that it rained all night and your seats are more than a bit damp. What do you do when that happens? Ride around on towels all day? Decide not to go? While that might sound like a plan you can live with, you also have to think about the long term damage that water can cause to your golf cart. This is exactly why people choose to buy golf cart covers like this one from Formosa Covers. This Deluxe Four Passenger Golf Cart Cover is capable of protecting your cart from the sun, weather damage, and dirt. This golf cart cover is constructed out of heavy duty UV coated satin Polyester with a double Polyurethane undercoating.
This golf cart cover is also double stitched to ensure that it’s as durable as possible. You also don’t have to worry about this cover flying off in the wind or falling off in the middle of the night because Formosa Covers included grommets along the bottom to allow the cover to be secured or cable locked to your golf cart. Another great benefit of this golf cart cover is the convenient rear zipper that allows you access to your golf cart without having to take the entire cover off!
- Fits E Z GO, Club Car, and certain Yahama models
- Comes with a duffel bag for convenient storage
- Comes in a variety of colors
- It’s too big for a standard golf cart
2. Classic Accessories Fairway Golf Cart Easy-On Cover
It goes without saying that nobody wants to fumble around with a cover for their golf cart in the middle of a storm, but sometimes there’s just no way around it. Luckily, with products like this one, the process of putting a cover on your golf cart doesn’t need to be frustrating or difficult. This Fairway Golf Cart Easy-On Cover by Classic Accessories is the perfect cover for exactly that type of situation. This golf cart cover is made out of tough fabric that has been treated for maximum water resistance and repellency, which means your golf cart most certainly won’t be filled with water after a bad storm.
Also, the weather-protected fabric that this golf cart cover is made out of won’t shrink or stretch, so you won’t have to worry about purchasing a new one because it doesn’t fit your golf cart anymore. If you’re looking for a golf cart cover with an elasticized cord at the bottom for a custom fit, then this cover by Classic Accessories would be perfect for you!
- 1 year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Fits E Z Go, two-seat Club Car
- Easy to use
- Poor quality zipper
3. Classic Accessories Fairway Golf Cart Quick Fit Cover
It goes without saying that people spend quite a bit of their hard earned money buying golf carts, which is why it’s so important to make sure that you’re protecting it from being damaged from the elements. Needless to say, rain isn’t the only thing that you need to worry about damaging your golf cart, so it’s essential to find a cover that will protect your golf cart no matter what’s happening around it. Luckily, the Fairway Golf Cart Quick Fit Cover by Classic Accessories will do exactly that.
This cover is not only easy to put on and remove from your golf cart, but it’s also capable of protecting your cart from the sun, weather damage, and the dirt that collects when the golf cart is being stored for the winter. To ensure a custom fit, Classic Accessories designed this cover with an elastic cord in the bottom hem so it will fit snug on your golf cart. This golf cart cover comes with a rear zipper so you’re able to get access to your golf cart without having to pull the entire thing off. Also, this cover was designed with rear air vents to reduce wind lofting and inside moisture.
- Water repellent fabric that won’t shrink or stretch over time
- Designed to fit most Yamahas, E Z Go, and Club Car golf carts
- Comes with convenient storage bag
- Not ideal for hot climate
4. Classic Accessories Fairway Golf Cart Enclosure Deluxe 4-Sided
When you’re spending money on something you want to make sure that you’re getting the most for your money, that much is obvious. With that being said, this Fairway Golf Cart Enclosure by Classic Accessories will make you more than pleased that you spent your hard earned money on a cover for your golf cart. This product is made out of 100% weather protected polyester, so you can be assured that this golf cart cover won’t shrink or stretch over time.
One of the greatest benefits of purchasing this cover is the easy access you can have to your golf cart, even in the middle of a storm. Not only is there a rear zipper for easy entry, but there are also six zip-open panels that roll up and down independently for a quick and easy adjustment to just about any weather condition. Also, if you’re planning on storing your golf cart during the winter months, this cover comes with an elastic cord in the bottom hem, so you can make sure it’s as snug as a bug in a rug all winter long!
- 3-year warranty
- Fits most 2-passenger golf carts
- Double stitched sewing
- Some users experienced problems with rain leaks
- For some, the size was off so make sure you get the size for your cart
5. Golf Cart Storage Cover for EZGo, Club car 4 Seater with 2 Seater Roof up to 58″ L
Golf carts can be used for so many things, including getting around the farm, driving down to the gas station, and obviously, getting you around the golf course. It goes without saying that Formosa Covers knows what they’re doing when it comes to making golf cart covers, and this product is most definitely proof of that. This cover is constructed out of 300 Denier polyester fabric with PU undercoat, and not only is it water repellent, but it’s water resistant, as well.
It goes without saying that the inside of a golf cart can get a little moist underneath a cover, but with the four vents included on this cover you don’t have to worry about any damage being done while it’s being protected from the elements. Also, there’s an elastic cord included in the bottom hem so you can adjust the cover to fit nicely on you golf cart. For additional security, this golf cart cover has a soft patching grommet, as well. It can be a bit of a pain to try to get into your golf cart while it’s underneath the cover, but thanks to the zipper on the rear side of this cover, you can have easy access to your cart at all times.
- Fits most standard golf carts
- High quality materials
- Difficult to put on golf cart by yourself
6. Club Car Golf Cart Cover
If you have a golf cart, then you most likely know how dependable Club Car is when it comes to their products. This is especially true for those of you who actually own a Club Car Golf Car. If you’re looking for a cover for your golf cart, then you should definitely check out this 100% polyester cover by Club Car. This golf cart cover is not only durable in the sun and inclimate weather, but it will also protect your golf cart while it’s being stored in your garage during the winter months.
This golf cart cover is made out of weather protected fabric, so there’s no need to worry about it shrinking or stretching over time. The air vents in the rear portion of this golf cart cover reduce wind lofting, and they also prevent moisture from accumulating in the golf cart while it’s not being used. Thanks to the rear zipper included with this cover, you’re able to have easy access to the inside of your golf cart at all times.
- Fits 4-person golf cart
- Repels water well
- Fits great
- Thin material
7. Leader Accessories Golf Cart Cover Storage Fit EZ Go
There’s really no point in getting a cover for your golf cart if it’s not going to protect your golf cart from water, sun, or dirt damage. Luckily, this golf cart cover from Leader Accessories is constructed out of a durable material that has a special coating that offers the maximum amount of water repellency.
One of the biggest complaints from people who buy golf cart covers is that they tend to slip off when it’s raining or windy outside, but thanks to the grommets included on this cover you never have to worry about that happening. All you have to do is lock down the plastic grommets to the golf cart and you’ll be relieved to find out that it stays firmly in place at all times. No one wants to deal with a difficult golf cart cover, but this cover has a rear zipper for easy entry and installation.
- Made out of a lightweight nylon
- Fits nicely on four-seater golf carts
- Water resistant
- It may fades easily
- It may dry rots over time
8. Universal Golf Cart Protective Cover – Deluxe 4 Passenger
If you’re going to spend your hard earned money on a golf cart, you might as well spend a bit more money to protect it to the best of your ability. With a golf cart cover like this one from Pyle, you don’t have to worry about your golf cart coming to any kind of harm. This cover, which can fit just about any golf cart, is made out of a heavy fabric and it is capable of protecting your golf cart from dirt, debris, rain, and sun.
One of the greatest features of this cover are the zippered panels that allow the driver and passengers access to a hassle-free entry and exit from the golf cart, even in inclimate weather. If you’re looking for a golf cart cover that will protect your golf cart and doesn’t require an army with tools to install, then you should consider purchasing this product.
- Comes in different colors
- Fits most standard golf carts
- Two-year warranty
- Not durable
9. RockyMRanger Golf Cart Cover Universal Electric / Gas Golf Cars Storage Water Proof
It can be a bit difficult to find the perfect option when it comes to buying a cover for your golf cart. Of course you want it to be durable and reliable, but you don’t necessarily want to spend an arm and a leg for this type of product, either. Luckily, this golf cart cover from RockMRanger is the best of both worlds. For an extremely decent price, you can have a great golf cart cover made out of 190T polyester taffeta. This material is not only extremely durable, but it also contains a water repellent coating that will protect your golf cart even in the worst type of weather.
To avoid moisture buildup and heat on the inside of your golf cart, this cover was made to be UV resistant, as well as, breathable for those hot summer months. If you’re looking for a cover that will fit snuggly onto your golf cart, but not cause you to penny pinch on dinner this month, then this cover would be absolutely perfect for you!
- Fits standard golf carts
- Lightweight, yet durable
- Too thin
- No warranty
10. Covermates – Golf Cart Cover – 4 Passenger 48W x 108D x 68H
When it comes to keeping your golf cart clean and in great shape, it’s important to purchase a quality golf cart cover to protect it at all times. Thanks to products like this one from Covermates Elite, all of the frustration of trying to protect your investment goes right out the window. This golf cart cover, which is made for four-passenger canopied riding carts, is made out of a durable polyester blend that’s more than capable of protecting your golf cart through just about any type of weather.
Even though the material is two times lughter than vinyl or canvas covers, it’s still able to protect your cart from UV rays, snow, bird droppings, tree sap, falling limbs, and rain. Each cover comes with two air vents that are designed to reduce mold and mildew from forming on the inside of your golf cart during those hot summer months. If you’re looking for a golf cart cover that you can securely attach to your cart, then this cover by Covermates could be the perfect option for you.
- Comes in different colors
- Lightweight, yet durable
- Zipper in the rear for easy access
- Might be too large for 2-seater golf carts
How Do You Store Golf Carts in the Winter?
If you have a golf cart at home then you most likely already know that you have to store them properly during the winter months or you could risk them being damaged from the weather, dust, or debris. There are certain things you can do yourself to ensure that the harsh winter conditions don’t ruin your golf cart while you’re not looking, so if you’re new to this whole thing, follow these simple instructions and your golf cart will be just fine.
- Ensure that the tire pressure in all four of the golf cart’s tire is optimal.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe down the seats to make sure that there is no dust sitting there before you store it.
3. Take everything out of the cargo bed and wipe it down clean. You certainly don’t want dirt and debris sitting there all winter, so make sure that you clean it thoroughly.
- Make sure that the battery is fully charged and cleaned. Disconnect the battery from electrical drain.
- Set key switch to off.
- Make sure to set alarms, or write on your calendar, that you need to check the battery every three weeks during the winter months.
7. Cover the cart with a golf cart cover to ensure that it’s not damaged by dust and dirt while it’s in storage.
As long as you follow those simple steps your golf cart will have no problem surviving through the long winter. Just make sure to purchase a cover that will stay securely on your golf cart throughout the winter, and check it often to ensure that it’s still protecting your golf cart. Other than that, just leave the golf cart alone and everything will be just fine.
What Type of Water Do You Put in Golf Cart Batteries?
Just like the rest of your golf cart, there are certain things you have to do to protect the battery from being ruined during winter storage. After you make sure to charge the batteries fully before you store them, there are other steps you need to make to ensire that they won’t be damaged, including adding water to the batteries. While this may sound strange, it’s essential if you want the batteries to last throughout the winter. Using distilled water (never use tap water), fill the battery cells, aka water fill holes, a ¼ to ½ inch above the plates. If you decide to fill the battery cells with a ¼ inch of water, you’ll have to check your batteries more often. On the other hand, if you add a ½ inch of water you’ll more than likely have more acid accumulation on the tops of the batteries. While both options are acceptable, the choice is ultimately up to you! Just remember that you need to check the batteries several times throughout the winter and your batteries will be able to last throughout the entire winter! Failing to do this will surely destroy your battery, so if you think you might forget just set some alarms or write reminders down on a calendar.
Should I Leave My Golf Cart Plugged in at All Times?
- It’s absolutely imperative that you DO NOT leave your charger plugged in all winter. Doing so could actually permanently damage the batteries on the golf cart. If you’re not able to recharge the batteries at least once a month, then make sure that you disconnect the first battery cable from the golf cart.
Can Golf Carts Be Left Outside?
- While you CAN leave your golf cart outside, you really shouldn’t do so if you want the golf cart to last. A golf cart should be stored in your garage, under a carport, or even a shed if you have that option. Your golf cart should never be exposed to the elements, so you should do what you can to make sure that it’s covered.
How Long Do Golf Carts Last?
- Just like so many other things in the world, a golf cart can last for quite some time if it’s properly taken care of. In fact, most golf carts can last 30-40 years when they’re properly cared for. Unfortunately, the battery definitely won’t last that long, so be prepared to replace it every once in a while.
Does Cold Weather Affect Golf Cart Batteries?
- It may seem a bit odd but a cold battery is actually able to charge and self-discharge itself a bit slower than a warm battery, but it will also cause it to exhibit lower capacity. This is especially true for golf carts that are able to be used in colder temperatures.
How Do You Maintain Golf Cart Batteries?
- There are few ways to maintain a golf cart battery. The first being what we talked about before, putting water in the batteries during the winter months. The second is to clean off the acid errosion on top of the batteries. The third way to maintain your batteries is by performing regular maintenance on them. As long as you do these things, your batteries will be just fine.
Do Golf Carts Have VIN Numbers?
- Finding out the VIN number on your golf cart is dependent on the type of golf cart you have, meaning the company who manufactured your golf cart. If you’re unsure if your golf cart has a VIN number, call the company who made it and they’ll be able to tell you.