Golf should be played for fun and not out of any restlessness to win games after games. Despite, a lot of budding golfers make the mistake of taking golf as a game of life and death. This results in anxiety, which further ruins their temperament on the courses. The more you play the game freely, the more confident you will be to take your strokes. Well, if you are already driven by anxiety and yet you are willing to master this game, you need to first understand that nervousness is the biggest hindrance to this game. In fact, golf should be played in such a manner that would actually better your health and make you a better player on the grounds surrounded by a good number of spectators.
More than taking the right swing or aiming for the long shot, what matters for golfers is their health. In other words, the healthier you are, the better it is for you finish off a game. Therefore, a relaxed attitude is what a golfer should have with his club and the ball. There is nothing really hard to concentrate or get tense. Of course, a bit of focus is essential for all golfers but not at the cost of falling out mentally. So, if you are really determined to get the ball straight to the hole, you just need to release your mental pressures. Just breathe some fresh air, bring a little smile on your face, feel good that you are playing a gentleman’s game and enjoy your game.
Now, let’s take a look at some health benefits of playing golf that would certainly help a good number of people suffering from stress on stepping into a course:
- Enjoy the outdoors – Once you are on the golf course, just forget that you have to play the right shot in a few minutes with the right use of your club. Instead, enjoy the outdoors, the greenery, the hills, the people and their presence. O doing so, you will feel much relaxed and keep your stress at bay. As a matter of fact, staying exposed to sunlight will moreover help one absorb Vitamin D. This would add strength to his bones from where he will gain strength to take the hard hits. Moreover, the chances of heart diseases, cancers and even depression will be lessened.
- Better your relationships – If there is any sport that can be enjoyed socially, it is golf. So, this can be a great way to keep good ties with friends and your near ones. In fact, if you visit a course regularly, you will come across a lot of experts who might even take interest to show you some tricks. In this process, you will not only have the chance to foster relationship with different people, you will also learn the game to a good extent. Even if you are into business, you can invite your partners to the course to watch you play or participate in the game. Therefore, your business relationships will also foster in this way.
- Boost up your muscles – This might be new to a golfer but it’s actually true that playing golf helps a lot in strengthening your muscles. Leg muscles work a lot as one stays busy in moving from one section of the ground to another. Your quadriceps also works a lot while taking shots. So, if you do not get enough opportunity to do some good exercises for your legs, golfing can get your job done with absolute efficiency.
- Get your calories burnt – As mentioned earlier, golfers are required to walk a lot round the course. Right from skipping out on the golf cart to carrying your clubs all the way, you can burn a good amount of calories. In fact, it’s true that a golfer can burn up to 1000 calories from a single game.
- Strengthen your vision – As golfers are required to concentrate a bit on the white ball to make it to the hole, they actually do a lot of zoom-in on the course prior to taking a shot. More effectively, those taking long shots are also required to strengthen their vision to locate the hole. This demands a lot of hand-eye coordination that actually works wonders for your vision at the end of the day.
So, you see how you can bring good changes in your health condition being a golfer. As a reminder, play golf with ease, stay calm, be focused and love the game. You will be a winner!!